The views expressed in any article published in this blog are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Joseph Foster or Bob Lupoli.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Leon Panetta on Osama bin Laden - Somebody Knew!


Joe: it seems a couple of months ago Leon Panetta made the suggestion that someone in Pakistan must have known Bin Laden was hiding in the country, “I don’t have any hard evidence, so I can’t say it for a fact. There’s nothing that proves the case. But as I said, my personal view is that somebody, somewhere probably had that knowledge,” Panetta said in a CBS interview on “60 Minutes.”

To me there is nothing surprising about this, especially since it was so close to the Pakistani military installation and by their reaction in putting the informant doctor in jail for treason.

And I would like to suggest that we likely knew for a very long time, I’ll be that once we discovered where he was we listened in just like we did against the mafia. We have so many new tools I’ll bet we watched and watched as long as possible so we could understand the organization as much as possible before killing him. I have no evidence to support this theory, it just seems to me when we did find him we would watch carefully and for as long as possible to learn as much as possible. Some links below for your info. -Bob

Leon Panetta sparks new Osama controversy

Leon Panetta 'believes' Pakistan knew Osama bin Laden's whereabouts

Leon Panetta talks about Pakistan's role in hiding Osama bin Laden.

US clarifies Panetta’s remarks on bin Laden

Panetta concerned about doctor who helped in bin Laden raid
January 28, 2012|By the CNN Wire Staff
U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is acknowledging publicly the key role a Pakistani doctor who assisted the United States ahead of the strike on Osama bin Laden's compound last May that killed the terrorism mastermind.

Leon Panetta concern over Bin Laden 'informer' Shikal Afridi

No comments:

Post a Comment